A bit of a follow on from the sandpaper project. I didn’t get the initial cuts quite straight as the hacksaw blade was too narrow for the mitre box and slipped around a bit, so needed to flatten the base so they sat straight.
I tried sandpaper itself (too slow even with 40 grit), a file (clogged right away) and a rasp (jumped to much) so ended up using a surform tool. I did the first one by hand before trying the following, which works great and I’ve since used for all sorts of small parts when I needed to do light final shaping on them.
Turn it upside down and lock it lightly into your vice and it works a treat